Crafting for Sunshine
Put your creative hat on and make, paint, stir, or sew for Rays of Sunshine by fundraising through homemade crafts.
- Masks are an easy craft to make, and popular to buy. They can be patterned, themed or you can have one for every day of the week.
- Homemade bracelets, necklaces and earrings make the perfect gift, and are very popular at fundraising craft sales. If you’re an expert in jewellery making, why not host a class? Get people together either virtually or as a small group, share your skills with friends and family, and ask for a donation to Rays of Sunshine.
- Teddies, Easter chicks, simple items of clothing and blankets are all beautiful and popular items to make and sell.
- You can fill these with homemade crafts or even ask local businesses to donate items.
- From homemade soaps to candles, bath products always go down a treat at craft fairs or workshops.
Jams, chutneys and preserves
- Got a glut of fruit? Why not make a big batch of jam or chutney to safely sell to friends and neighbours?
- Think personalised tote bags, cushions, lavender bags, and much more.
Promote your fundraiser
Setting up a JustGiving page is the easiest way to get donations. Make sure to spread your page far and wide on social media and with friends and family.
You can set one up by following the link below:
Fundraising for Rays of Sunshine
Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children and their families across the UK. We bring their dreams to life by granting magical wishes, providing services at children’s hospitals and hospices, and making sure our wish families are supported and feel part of our Rays of Sunshine family. We are committed to making our work and approach child-centred, high quality and meaningful.
Your fundraising will help Rays of Sunshine create more magical memories.