<About the Sunshine Choir>
The Sunshine Choir is formed of an ever-growing choir community of wish children aged 6-18. They meet online monthly with our choir leader, learn new songs and skills, grow their confidence, and make friends all over the country. There are also exciting opportunities to meet and perform in person throughout the year at exclusive events. In the past, our Sunshine Choir has performed with celebrity guests, for big corporate partners, and at our annual gala.
Applications close February 11th, 2022
What will joining the choir involve?
Joining the Sunshine choir will involve:
- Attending monthly ZOOM choir practice on the first Monday of each month between 4 and 5pm.
- Practising at home using materials sent out by our choir master.
- Attending some extra sessions – online and in person – to rehearse for planned performances.
- Travelling to at least two performances a year.
- Agreeing to all the press (including socials) that often surrounds our choir’s performances.
- Spending time with our brilliant Rays of Sunshine team.
Who can apply?
We want the wish choir to be a really special place for our wish children and their families, where they can not only sing songs they love but also build confidence and friendships. To apply for a place in our choir, you need to be:
- Aged between 6 and 18 years old
- Eligible for a Rays of Sunshine wish or have already had a wish granted in the past.
What else do I need to know?
The best thing about choir is the way it brings everyone together and creates lifelong friendships between wish families. Although choir is free, it does involve making a commitment and we recognise not everyone is ready to join in straight away. Please take a look at the following list to help you to decide whether to apply this year.
- Although every effort is made to provide fixed rehearsal dates, these are subject to change or cancellation.
- Although every effort is made to arrange rehearsals outside school hours wherever possible, there are times when this will be subject to the availability of the choir/vocal coach (and for performances, the venue).
- Rays of Sunshine cannot guarantee how many times the choir will be asked to perform each year.
- Choir members will be expected to attend rehearsals just before a performance.
- Choir members will be expected to attend as many performances as possible.
- We want the children to enjoy themselves at choir, however, there are times where parents/guardians cannot directly join their child at an in-person rehearsal or a performance. Under these circumstances, Rays of Sunshine staff (Safeguarding trained and DBS checked) will assume responsibility for the choir and ensure members are properly accompanied and supervised, however applicants (and/or their parent(s)/guardian(s)) are advised not to apply this year if there is a worry that their child will become distressed in the presence of a supervising adult who is not their parent or guardian.
- Rays of Sunshine does not assist with travel to and from in-person performances and rehearsals.
- Rays of Sunshine reserves the right to exercise discretion when reviewing applications and the child’s eligibility and suitability to join choir.
I want to join the Sunshine Choir! What do I do next?
All you need to do now is complete the following application.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.comApply now