<Sunshine in Hospitals>
Our Sunshine in Hospitals Grant, supported by Lockton, provides up to £20,000 to support seriously ill children in a UK hospital, hospice or other healthcare settings.
The Sunshine in Hospitals Grant will fund a long-lasting and impactful project for seriously ill children and their families.
To apply, the hospital/healthcare setting must care for children who would be eligible for a wish, and the grant must be used to fund a long-lasting and impactful project which would benefit these children, in one or more of the following areas:
- Reduce anxiety surrounding the hospital/hospice environment.
- Reduce the sense of loneliness and isolation.
- Improve mental wellbeing of both seriously ill children and their families.
- Enhancing the hospital or hospice experience for seriously ill children and their families.
Applications will be assessed on:
- Strength of project – how well it has been scoped in terms of need and impact.
- Innovation – how well the project finds new ways of solving existing issues for seriously ill children.
- Potential number of beneficiaries.
- Project sustainability and long-term impact.
To apply, download the PDF and send your filled out form to email@example.com
Sheffield Children’s Hospital
Sheffield Children’s Hospital used their grant to fund a ground-breaking immersive technology kit within the playroom of their ward for children and teenagers with cancer and blood disorders..
The new technology has helped hundreds of children interact with their surroundings in the playroom, be transported to different scenes across the world, play games and prepare for potentially intimidating moments in treatment such as scans, all from the safety of the ward.