Food and drink
- Many venues will expect you to use their catering or pick from a list of approved providers.
- Think realistically about what your guests will expect and how extravagant food and drink needs to be.
- Check dietary requirements of your guests and ensure there are soft drinks on offer.
- Local radio and media can help promote your event. Contact us for help on how to publicise.
- Ask 10 friends to invite 10 people to give your initial tickets sales a boost.
- Encourage people to take a table of tickets (perhaps offer a discount).
- Put together a poster advertising the event and ask anyone you can to display this.
- Ask the venue if they are able to help promote.
- Base your ticket price on covering all costs, then all funds raised on the night can be donated to Rays.
- Consider offering a range of ticket prices (e.g. paying more to sit closer to the front of the room).
A great way to raise extra money or underwrite your costs. Local businesses may be willing to offer free or discount services. For example: printing tickets, invitations and programmes, providing auction or raffle prizes.
- Head and tails -Sell tickets to participants. Players place their hands on their heads or bottom, the MC tosses a coin. If it lands on heads all the people with their hands on their bottoms sit down; this continues until there is one person standing who wins a prize.
- Ask people to donate to take home the flowers at the end of the night
- Gift Aid can be claimed on donations but cannot be claimed on ticket sales, raffle, and auction. Contact Rays of Sunshine for more information about Gift Aid.
- Please send any materials including our logo to us for approval.
- If you use the logo it MUST be accompanied by our registered charity no. 1102529.
- Please let us know if you would like someone to speak about Rays of Sunshine at your event
After your event
- Count up the amount raised on the night with a witness and contact us to pay in your fundraising.
- Thank your guests, volunteers and sponsors with the total raised and a few photos.
- Send a press release to local media with photos.