Give Something up for Charity
Show that you are serious about fundraising and give up something that means a lot to you, for a challenging amount of time.
Choose what to give up
The first, and most important step, is to choose exactly what to give up and how long to give it up for. You need to make sure you are giving up something that you love and for a length of time that will be a challenge for you.
Here are a few ideas to give you inspiration:
- Sweets or chocolate – the ultimate sacrifice for all of the sweet tooths out there.
- Alcohol – Dry January and Stoptober are very popular month long challenges held every year.
- Veganuary – See if you can give up meat or reduce your animal produce consumption during January (or any month that suits you!)
- Takeaways – A challenge for those prone to a Macdonald’s or a curry on the weekend.
- Buying new clothes – This challenge will raise vital funds whilst reducing your environmental impact – win win!
Promote your fundraiser
Setting up a JustGiving page is the easiest way to get donations. Make sure to spread your page far and wide on social media and with friends and family.
You can set one up by following the link below:
Fundraising for Rays of Sunshine
Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children and their families across the UK. We bring their dreams to life by granting magical wishes, providing services at children’s hospitals and hospices, and making sure our wish families are supported and feel part of our Rays of Sunshine family. We are committed to making our work and approach child-centred, high quality and meaningful.
Your fundraising will help Rays of Sunshine create more magical memories.
If you are interested in giving something up for charity, please contact our community fundraising team on 020 8782 117 or email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!