Working for Rays of Sunshine:
Since 2003 Rays of Sunshine has been brightening the lives of children with a serious or life-limiting illness. We give brave young people across the UK the chance to put their illness on hold, experience happiness, and create precious memories. Our work includes: granting life-changing wishes; activity days and development projects at children’s hospitals and hospices; and organising group outings and events.
In 2018, our work touched the lives of 30,000 children and their families.
Demand for our service has increased by 100% since 2011 and we get no statutory funding. Our vision is to grant the growing number of wishes, and provide greater access to resources, support and information for all families who need our help.
Interim Community Fundraising and Engagement Manager (maternity cover)
- Job Title: Interim Community Fundraising and Engagement Manager (maternity cover)
- Fixed term contract: 6 months (with possible extension)
- Reporting to: General Manager and Director of Communications
- Responsible for: maximising fundraising from local organisations, schools, Universities, community groups and supporters across the UK
- Location: Based in the office at 304 Regents Park Road, Finchley N3 2JX
- Hours: 9.30 – 5.30pm
- Salary: Competitive, upon application
- To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for someone who is highly proactive and experienced in identifying Community Fundraising opportunities – including building excellent relationships and engaging campaigns – to join our passionate and dedicated team.
The successful candidate will have vision and will deliver and build on a strategy for engaging existing and new community supporters, to unlock the significant potential of this fundraising stream.
For more information, please download the full job description here: Job description Community Fundraising and Engagement Manager May 2019
Corporate Intern – Deutsche Bank
- Role Title: Corporate Intern
- Responsible to: Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Pay: This is an unpaid volunteer position except for Lunch expenses of up to £4 per day plus travel expenses to and from Rays of Sunshine’s offices
- Duration: Minimum 2 – 3 months (possibility of extending)
- Hours: Flexible, 2-3 days per week
- To apply please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Deutsche Bank is Rays of Sunshine’s largest single corporate partner to date, aiming to raise in excess of £2million over two years. We are currently in year 2 of the partnership and require additional support for the partnership. The partnership is managed by the partnership manager, Amy Chambers and an account executive, Helen McNicholas. The corporate intern will support with all partnership admin and activities, working closely with the account executive, you will be based at the Rays of Sunshine office.
Overall responsibilities: to assist with daily income tracking, donor care management, conducting research in to new events, raising the profile of Rays of Sunshine at promotional stands and general support as needed.
For more information, please download the full job description here: Internship Role Description – DB