Working for Rays of Sunshine:
Since 2003 Rays of Sunshine has been brightening the lives of children with a serious or life-limiting illness. We give brave young people across the UK the chance to put their illness on hold, experience happiness, and create precious memories. Our work includes: granting life-changing wishes; activity days and development projects at children’s hospitals and hospices; and organising group outings and events.
In 2018, our work touched the lives of 30,000 children and their families.
Demand for our service has increased by 100% since 2011 and we get no statutory funding. Our vision is to grant the growing number of wishes, and provide greater access to resources, support and information for all families who need our help.
Finance and Data Assistant
- Appointment: Finance and Data Assistant
- Responsible to: Head of Finance
- Contract type: Part-time: 25 hours over 4 to 5 days per week/ 1 year Fixed Term Contract
- Salary: £11 – £12 per hour
- Location: London, Finchley Central
- To apply: email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rays of Sunshine is looking for a highly competent Finance and Data Assistant to join our Finance Team and assist the Senior Finance Assistant in data processing and maintenance of the accounting system (Xero) and the CRM Database (ThankQ).
- Set up and maintenance of suppliers’ accounts
- Data entry of Purchase Invoices and expense claims on Xero.
- Banking and Petty Cash.
- Raising and issuing Invoices for various events as required.
- Update and maintenance of the Debtors Ledger.
- Filing and maintenance of all financial source documents.
- Assisting with Gift in Kind and Credit card paperwork and entries.
- Creating and collating payment reports from fundraising platforms e.g. Just Giving, Virgin Giving
- Additional data entry/finance tasks as applicable.
- Set up and maintenance of new contacts records on ThankQ CRM for the purpose of fundraising and related income streams.
- Entering and/or amending any financial data on the Wish Module e.g. foreign currency payments, Give Kids the World Invoices.
- Creating reporting templates from the database.
- Data deduplication and various data maintenance tasks as is required.
- Assisting with any ad hoc projects for better use of the CRM system.
To download the full job description, click here: Finance and Data Assistant – Job Description 2020
Head of Fundraising
- Appointment: Head of Fundraising
- Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer/ General Manager
- Contract type: Permanent – Full time
- Salary: Upon request
- Location: London, Finchley Central
- Direct reports: Corporate Account Manager / Challenge & Sporting Events Manager/ Corporate Partnerships New Business Manager/Fundraising & Events Manager
- To apply: email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Rays of Sunshine is looking for a Head of Fundraising who will join a successful and growing team. You will form a part of the Senior Management Team and play a major role in helping to shape the future development and sustainability of the charity.
- Devise and implement a successful and sustainable fundraising strategy
- Provide support at senior level and motivate the fundraising team to reach the overall fundraising target of £2.5+million and individual fundraising targets across all areas of fundraising including corporate, challenge, community, trusts & foundations, and major donor
- Develop new fundraising streams across individual giving and legacy
- As a member of the Senior Management Team you will contribute to the overall strategy of the charity
- Work closely with the Executive Board, to identify and secure further support
- Ensure compliance across the fundraising team of GDPR and existing and new fundraising regulations
- Oversee our fundraising volunteer strategy
- Oversee budgets, prepare reports and deliver presentations on fundraising progress to the senior leadership team and executive board
Download the full job description click here: Job Description – Head of Fundraising 2019