Chief Executive Officer:
- How to apply: Please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 747 4931
Rays of Sunshine is an award-winning national charity that brightens the lives of seriously ill young people and their families by granting wishes and providing ongoing support in hospital and within the community. We believe that every child deserves to experience happiness and put their illness on hold – even if it is just for one day. Our vision is to make wishes come true and turn them in to happy memories.
Established in 2003, the charity has an income of £4.5m and employs 21 staff. We are in a healthy position with good financial reserves and an effective governance structure in place. However, COVID 19 is having a profound impact on the delivery of our services and like many charities we are facing unprecedented challenges.
We are now seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive to lead Rays of Sunshine through the next stages our development, which is likely to include a period of transformation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing visible, inspiring leadership to our staff, volunteers, and supporters
- Working with Trustees and staff to develop a strategy for the short, medium, and long term, and developing new approaches to engage with and support our children and families
- Championing our cause and building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including the families we support, our donors, Celebrity Ambassadors, corporate partners, and healthcare providers.
- Leading our fundraising efforts, working with our committed Trustee group to inspire prospective donors and corporate partners to support us.
- Ensuring our governance, policies for safeguarding children, compliance and administration are robust and that we fulfil our legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
To succeed, you will ideally have worked at a senior level within the charity sector, have excellent leadership skills and bring experience of managing transformation.
This is an exceptional role, with an opportunity to bring hope, fun, kindness, and support to some of the 49,000 children who are living with life-limiting conditions in the UK. A visible and persuasive advocate, your passion, energy, charisma, and tenacity will raise the profile of our work, encourage supporters and enable us to reach more families and children. You will need the versatility to manage lots of variety, together with compassion, empathy and resilience. No two days are the same, and we work in an environment that can be both incredibly uplifting and emotionally challenging.
For an information pack including details of how to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0207 747 4931.
The closing date for applications will be 11pm on Monday 27th July.