This role will be fully supported by our Community Fundraising Manager, Jess, so please do get in touch if you’ve got any questions on 020 8782 1171 or email@example.com
Why do we need your support?
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children aged between 3 and 18 years old and their families across the UK.
Our work includes:
- Granting wishes, which can be as unique as the children themselves – from being a princess or a fireman for the day to a trip to Disneyland
- Working with children’s hospitals and hospices to host activity days and grant Hospital Ward Wishes (e.g. installing play areas and sensory rooms)
- Organising large-scale outings and events including an annual concert which in 2016 was at The SSE Arena, Wembley
As a Sunshine Researcher, we need your local knowledge to help us build relationships in your area, to raise vital funds and enable us to grant more magical wishes.
You will be:
- Researching community groups, schools and businesses in your area that have the potential to support Rays of Sunshine
- Helping us to identify businesses in your area who select an annual charity of the year partnership and how we can apply
- Building a database of local groups such as rotary and inner wheel, we could approach to hold an event for us
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Strong written skills
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, email and the internet
- Self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- Good knowledge of your local area
What support will I be given?
- A full induction to help you understand our work and your role and how much of a difference you will be helping us to make
- You’ll be given templates and guidelines on what research we need your support with
- Kirsty will be in regular contact with you to make sure you’re on the right track and to offer any support or help if needed.
- Kirsty will also feedback on any support we receive as a direct result of your research
Where will I be based?
- This is a flexible computer based role, which means you can work from any location where you have access to email and the internet.
- Due to the nature of this role, you can easily fit your research around your existing personal and work commitments.
This is perfect for you if you’re looking for a way to volunteer and give back but are short on time and unable to commit to a certain number of volunteering hours per week or month
Ready to join Team Sunshine? Get in touch with Jess on 020 8782 1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org