This role will be fully supported by our Community Fundraising Manager, Jess, so please do get in touch if you’ve got any questions on 020 8782 1171 or email@example.com
Why do we need your support?
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children aged 3 to 18 years old and their families across the UK.
Our work includes:
- Granting wishes, which can be as unique as the children themselves – from being a princess or a fireman for the day to a trip to Disneyland
- Working with children’s hospitals and hospices to host activity days and grant Hospital Ward Wishes (e.g. installing play areas and sensory rooms)
- Organising large-scale outings and events including an annual concert which in 2016 was at The SSE Arena, Wembley
As a Collection Tin Co-ordinator, you will support our fundraising team to raise awareness and vital funds by placing and managing collection boxes within your local community.
What will I be doing?
- Speaking with business owners and store managers to gain permission to place a collection tin in their business
- Placing collecting tins in local shops, pubs, cafés and businesses such as hairdressers
- After boxes are placed, return on a regular basis to check if the boxes are full
- When collection boxes are full you’ll be responsible for counting and banking donations as well as completing the necessary paperwork.
- You’ll need to make sure you count the donations with a friend, family member or colleague present to act as a witness
- Report any stolen boxes to Kirsty
- Spotting potential for further fundraising in your local area and letting Kirsty know such as local businesses who are looking for their next charity partner
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Ability to build rapport with business owners and their staff to gain permission to place the collection tin
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft excel, email and the internet
- Good knowledge of your local area
How much time do I need to commit?
- We would ask that you try to place a minimum of 10 boxes per year
- We expect each box to need to be emptied approximately every 3 months
What support will I be given?
- An induction to help you understand more about our work and your role
- Regular contact with Kirsty who will help make sure you’ve always got everything you need
- You’ll be provided with collection boxes, re-seal labels and paperwork
- You will receive a volunteer badge and authorisation letter
Where will I be based?
Most of your work will involve being out and about representing Rays of Sunshine in your local community. You will need to empty and count the collection boxes in a safe location such as your house or office.
Ready to join Team Sunshine? Get in touch with Jess on 020 8782 1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org