<About the Sunshine in Hospitals Grant>
The Sunshine in Hospitals Grant aims to provide a one-off sum of up to £20,000 to a UK hospital, hospice or other healthcare setting to fund a project that will support seriously ill young people aged three to 19.
The Grant aims to support innovative new projects which have a real and long-lasting impact on young patients and their families.
To be eligible, projects must seek to contribute towards the achievement of one or more of Rays of Sunshine’s key aims:
- Reduce anxiety surrounding the hospital/hospice environment.
- Reduce sense of loneliness and isolation.
- Improve mental wellbeing of both seriously ill children and their families.
- Enhancing the hospital or hospice experience for seriously ill children and their families.
Examples of suitable projects would include:
- Interactive spaces designed specifically for teenagers
- Family suite
- Soft-play room
Applications will be assessed on:
- Strength of project – how well it has been scoped in terms of need and impact.
- Innovation – how well project finds new ways of solving existing issues for seriously ill children.
- Potential number of beneficiaries.
- Project sustainability & long-term impact.
Who we support
We provide support to UK registered charities affiliated to a hospital, hospice, or other healthcare setting.
To be eligible, your project must seek to support young people aged three to 19 in the UK who meet Rays of Sunshine’s medical criteria while they are receiving treatment in a hospital, hospice, or other healthcare setting.
You must also have an up-to-date Children and Young People Safeguarding Policy in place in your organisation’s name and be able to provide evidence of this upon request.
To apply, click apply online below or download the PDF version and send your filled out form to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a Grant Guidance form for your use.
For smaller grants of £1,000 and £5,000, please see our Hospital Ward Wish programme.