Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity- PR & Fundraising Intern
Rays of Sunshine are looking for a PR & Fundraising Intern to support the team. Based in Wembley, 5 days a week, for a minimum 3 months. Travel and lunch expenses paid.
This is a role for a lively and dynamic individual. As the PR & Fundraising Intern your role is to support the PR & Communications team to generate greater awareness of the charity, its campaigns and partnerships, as well as support the Fundraising team to generate income.
You will be working within a highly focused and passionate team. The candidate will have strong written and communications skills.
- Help maintain and build awareness and the reputation of the charity
- Liaise with regional media regarding the work of the charity
- To update databases/distribution lists
- Helping to maintain social media accounts/support the implementation of a social media strategy
- Support the fundraising team to generate awareness of both individual fundraisers and corporate partnership activities
- Liaise with families re: PR consent and event invitations
- Update the website with new content
- General admin duties as required, including sending out fundraising materials
- Maintain a library system for press coverage
- Tracking coverage
- Maintain database of feedback
- Communicating internally press coverage achieved
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Sensitivity and confidentiality to the work of the charity
- Must have good IT skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to be proactive and plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Creative thinking with the ability to identify opportunities and suggest ideas
- Experience of working in communications
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends to support events
- Able to travel to events/locations as required
Please email Sarah May Kershaw on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV if you are interested in this role.
- Start: ASAP
- Location: Based in the office at No.1 Olympic Way, Wembley, HA9 0NP
- Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm